As a short person, it is very normal to have insecurities about your height. This is even more common if you are male. Society’s eyes are generally more forgiving to short women than too short men. If you are a bit short, it is perfectly normal and okay to look for ways to make sure that that is not the first thing people notice about you. If you have ever been described as “that little girl” or “that short man” you will know that the struggle is real. Here are some tips to help you look taller.
Tips to Help You Look Taller
- Hold your head up: Posture aside, so many short people make themselves even shorter by allowing their insecurities to get the better of them. It is perfectly normal to have insecurities; that is human. However, to let these insecurities get the better of you is weak. Height is just one thing. Your outlook and personality are what matters. Take a look at Kevin Hart, for example. Do not let what you cannot change stop you from enjoying the life that is yours for the taking.
- Work those legs: Your build matters a lot despite your height. However, to make up for your height, build some muscle. Having muscles will not only improve your self-esteem but will also make you look better. There are really great exercise bike for short persons that can help you with this.
- Choose clothes carefully: Clothes are like the wrapping paper on the present. Your present may be fabulous, but if it is not properly wrapped, it will be looked down on. When picking clothes, make sure to:
- Wear high-waisted and smart clothes; no baggies
- Avoid sagging
- Wear flayed jeans when possible
- Wear V-necked
- Wear clothes with horizontal stripes
- Pick short jacket and cardigans
- Use slim belts
- Go for straight gowns